Pupil premium is additional funding received in the school budget from the Government. It is allocated according to the number of children in school from the following three categories:
Children who are eligible for free school meals (FSM)
Looked after children (LAC)
Armed forces children
Evidence shows that children from disadvantaged backgrounds:
- Generally face extra challenges in reaching their potential at school
- Often do not perform as well as their peers
It is intended to support schools to provide additional support to specific groups of children who may be underachieving. It is up to the school to decide how this is spent. It will be used by this school to address any underlying inequalities between children eligible by ensuring that funding reaches the pupils who need it the most.
If you receive certain benefits, then our school is given additional funding for your child. These benefits are as follows:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
If you qualify, then please apply for Free School Meals on your LCC Council Benefit form, regardless of your child’s year group. If you do, then school will automatically receive additional money from the government, known as Pupil Premium.
For details of how to apply please click here.
If your child is eligible for Free School Meals, regardless of year group, then they are also eligible for FREE MILK in school.
Every penny counts, so we would be very grateful if you can apply.
If you would like to discuss this in more detail, then please contact the School Office.
Please read the information below which gives details of our Pupil Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.